A Canada tourist visa is often referred to as a Canadian visitor visa. It is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a worker, a visitor or a student).
Canada Tourist Visa Requirements
There are a number for basic requirements for a Canadian tourist visa. The requirements is listed below:
- The tourist must have a valid passport.
- No criminal or immigration-related convictions in the past
- Prove that you have a home, job, financial assets or family to prove that you’ll be able to return to your home country after visa expiration.
- The tourist must be in good health.
- Prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
have enough funds for your stay that depends where and how long you stay
Types of Canada Tourist Visas
- Temporary Resident
- Visit / Tourism
Documents Required For Canada Tourist Visa
There are 5 major documents required to apply for a Canadain Tourist Visa which are listed below.
- ID such as a passport or county resident card.
- Proof of your ties to your home country.
- A letter of invitation from the person inviting you to come to Canada.
- Proof of funds for your visit to Canada.
- Proof that you will be staying in Canada only on a temporary time.
Canada Tourist Visa Application Process
The first step in Canada visitor visa application is to create a Government of Canada (GC) login called GCKey.
Once you have created your GCKey and signed in, you can start your visitor visa application. You can save an incomplete application and come back later to complete it.
Steps to Complete Canada Tourist Visa Application
- Create a GCKey here and sign in to the CIC website
Select visitor visa.
- Fill in the mandatory details and save.
- Then download all Canada visa application forms.
- Fill and electronic sign the application forms.
- Upload filled and signed applications forms.
- Upload supporting documents.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Pay biometrics fee.
- Submit the application.
- Give your biometrics to your nearest VAC.
- Check the status of your application.
- On approval, submit or mail your passport to your nearest VAC.
- Receive your passport with Canada visa
Biometrics are mandatory for all Canada tourist visa applicants. Your fingerprints are scanned and your photograph is taken during the biometric appointment.
How Much is Canada Visitors Visa Fee?
Canada visitors visa fee is $100 CAD. The fee must be paid using a credit or debit card in CAD only. Since the fee is in CAD, your bank may charge a foreign transaction fee.
Validity of Canada Tourist Visa
The Canadian tourist visas are usually issued for 10 years or until expiration of your current passport.
How to Extend a Canadian Tourist Visa
If you’re currently in Canada and want to stay longer than your visa’s expiration date, you could file for an extension. In order to apply for an extension, you will need to fill out an IMM 5708 Form.
If your application to extend your stay in Canada is approved, you will receive a visitor record (a document that says how long you can stay in Canada and expected departure day).
Canada attracts millions of tourists annually. Canada tourist visa requirements are clear and easy to understand. The application process is online and can be done without any assistant from anyone. Canada usually issues long-term multiple entry visas for 5 to 10 years.