If you have a family member living in Canada, you may be eligible to be sponsored to become a Canadian permanent resident. Fill out our immigration assessment form and we’ll get back to you to discuss your eligibility and options.
What is Family Class Sponsorship?
Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
Canadian citizen or,person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or,permanent resident of Canada.
Who is Eligible for Family Class Sponsorship?
Family sponsorship is a way to reunite families in Canada. In fact, the Canadian government believes in keeping families together, and prioritizes the processing of sponsorship applications. There are many options for family members that are Canadian citizens or permanent residents to sponsor a family member living abroad, to become a permanent resident in Canada.
Read Also: US Visitor Visas 2021
Requirements for a Sponsor
In addition to being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, the sponsor must also fulfill a few other requirements in order to be eligible.
The sponsor must:
1. Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
2. Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member for a certain amount of time. The sponsored relative must make an effort to support themselves, as well.
3. Either reside in Canada prove their intention to live in Canada when the sponsored relative arrives in Canada
4. Be at least 18 years old
5. Not be incarcerated or charged with a serious offence
6. Not be bankrupt
7. Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident